The early 20th-Century stained glass, representing St Michael and All Angels, and the Annunciation, is by Walter Ernest Tower (1873– 1955), partner and nephew of Charles Eamer Kempe (1837–1907). Both Kempe and Tower favoured pre-Raphaelite touches, especially in peacock-feather wings, and the Archangel wears the armour of a Plantagenet prince. Mary occupies the bottom right corner. Kempe began his career as a church decorator in the 1860’s, but started his own stained glass company, C. E. Kempe and Co, in London in 1868.
Tower’s own motif (unsurprisingly, a tower) is superimposed on Kempe’s signature, a tiny wheatsheaf on the far left edge of the window, just above the annunciating angel.